Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Am Thankful

Today has been a pretty awesome day for me and it got me thinking about what I am thankful for. So here is my list (in no particular order) of what I am thankful for. What are you thankful for? If you haven’t done it lately, take a minute and think about the blessings in your life.

1. My health. I have had diabetes for the past 23 years but I am doing pretty darn good on this front. A few bumps in the road so far but I am stronger and healthier now than I have been since I was a teen.

2. My husband. He is the most supportive person I have ever known and he accepts me as I am, warts and all.

3. My family. I have the best sister in the world and great in-laws. I am very fortunate!

4. My DOC friends. You guys get what it is like to live with diabetes unlike most of my friends. I value the relationships I have built over the last year and I look forward to the road ahead, with my diabetes buddies at my side! I love you guys!

5. My school friends. These are the folks who kept me in check when I needed to be kept in check! These are my study buddies and friends for life.

6. That I am officially finished with grad school! I have had my degree conferred as of today, which means even though I have not walked in the graduation ceremony, I do have a Master’s degree now. I still can’t believe it!

7. That I have an insulin pump. It took me years to break down and get one and now you will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands before you get it away from me. OK, that is morbid, but you get the point!

8. That the world is filled with possibilities and I am excited as to where life will take me next.

9. And finally, I am thankful for my furry children, Chloe the dog and China the cat. They are always happy to see me and they don’t mind if I am in a foul mood due to blood sugar issues.



1 comment: