Today's post is in response to LeeAnn over at The Butter Compartment. Check out her blog today and join in the meme fun with us!
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
My car payment. Oh why didn't I wait until after grad school when I had a job to buy new wheels?
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Romance, what is that, hahahaha! Does International House of Pancakes count?
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
I'm with LeeAnn on this one. I want some ice cream from Stone Cold Creamery like right now!
4. How many colleges did you attend?
Two. Columbus State University (part of the University of Georgia family of schools) and Argosy University for my MA.
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It matched my fancy shirt I had on over it when I went up to visit my former internship site today.
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Don't even get me started on this one. And please don't ask my husband who has a degree in economics. I really don't want to hear the free market speech again (love you honey!)
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Are you kidding me? I just went to sleep!
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I hope I get a decent night’s sleep without my DexCom screaming at me. That didn't happen by the way.
9. Do you miss being a child?
No, I am much happier as an adult who pretends they are a child :)
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
Cleaning the bathrooms. I will NOT do it.
11. Get up early or sleep in?
Get up early. If I sleep in too much I waste the day. Even if said day just involves playing on the PC and tweeting ;)
12. Have you found real love yet?
Yup, took me awhile but I did.
13. Favorite lunch meat?
Thin shaved turkey breast.
14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Ditto on preferring Target. I could spend all day in there. I buy the Dex4 Fast Acting Glucose Sour Berry bits. Thanks diabetes!
15. Beach or lake?
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No, but it is not right for everyone.
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Neither. I prefer Intervention, Dexter, True Blood, or Mythbusters.
18.What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
LeeAnn's response-"Hmm… would you think I’m a stalker if I said Dr. Polonsky of BDI? Although, I think my social ineptness would take over and I wouldn’t know what to say… or I’d say something megadorky and sound like a stalker." I'm with her on this one. I have spoken to Dr. Polonsky on the phone before and I know I sounded like a dweeb! I would like a do over please!
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Yes, I backed into a car while trying to get out of a driveway, ooops!
20. Ever use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No but I almost had to about 5 years ago when my hubby built too big of a fire in our tiny fireplace!
21. Ring tone?
Fall Out Boy's This Ain't a Scene. It's the only ringtone I can hear from my crappy old phone.
22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
In the woods while camping.
23. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
San Francisco for sure!
23. Do you go to church?
No, I was raised catholic so I have done my time in church ;)
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Career, I think. Oh, wait a minute, I am doing that right now with the whole counseling thing. Now I just need an interview or two....
25. How old are you
36 and fabulous!
26. Do you have a go-to person?
27. Are you where you want to be in life?
Yes, because I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for where life has taken me. Who I am opens a world of possibilities up for me!
28. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
29. What about you do you think has changed the most?
I am not an angry, depressed person like I was for most of my life. I have found an inner peace & self acceptance.
30. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
Uh, no. I hated high school!
31. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Farts make me laugh like crazy!
32. Did you ever own troll dolls?
Only 1. My sister gave me a cavewoman troll doll for high school graduation because my classmates made fun of my full name when we had graduation practice. When the principal said my full name one of the boys yelled "Una the cavewoman!" making fun of my middle name. Of course the entire graduating class started laughing at me. Said boy is bald now so I think karma took care of balancing the universe!
33. Did you have a pager?
Yup, for an IT job back in 1995.
34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
Denny's in Columbus, GA is where all the misfit and cool kids went. I also did not take insulin to cover the pancakes, much like LeeAnn. I think I thought I was too cool for insulin!
35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
If I had kids (or wanted them) then yes. I was a pretty good kid.
Thanks LeeAnn for the trip down memory lane and a chance to reflect on myself today :)